Tau Beta Pi COVID-19 Updates
- Chapter Resources: To help chapters address the challenges around the country due to the COVID-19 crisis, Headquarters has prepared various tools to keep your chapters operating virtually. All resources are stored in the Chapter Resources Google Site. On this site, you can review the various documents, resources, recordings, and FAQ to assist you in holding a successful virtual initiation.
If you are looking for ideas to determine exemplary character in an online environment, need recommendations for conducting a virtual meeting, or want tools to conduct online voting, we have you covered! A group of volunteers developed some best practice documents which were discussed in the April 2 Chapter Chat and are available in the Documents section of the Google Site.
If you plan to hold a virtual initiation, complete the Online Initiation Ceremony Request Form. Access instructions will be distributed via email and text following conclusion of this form. Once your chapter registers for a virtual initiation, your chapter can opt to have Headquarters collect your initiation fees. After we update the site based on your form answers, you can use one of the below links to distribute to your initiates for fee payment.
- Initiation Fees (AL Alpha - KY Gamma)
- Initiation Fees (LA Alpha - ND Beta)
- Initiation Fees (OH Alpha - WY Alpha)
The quickest way to know that your initiates have paid their fees is to request that they forward their email receipt of payment to you immediately after payment. Headquarters will notify the chapters who has paid on a weekly basis, but receiving confirmation directly from the initiate will be much quicker. If the chapter charges an additional amount above the $55 national fee, the chapter portion will be credited on the next statement balance. If the chapter would like this amount disbursed via a check, submit a request to who will then distribute the money after collecting any needed information. We'll be formalizing this process throughout the month, but basically it will be a one time distribution after HQ has received all the fees and taken out the national fee of $55 per initiate.
- Please visit our TBP Chapter resources site for important information and details on Chapter Chats.
- Tau Beta Pi HQ Closed: TN Governor Lee has ordered Tennesseans to stay at home effective from Tuesday, March 31 through Tuesday, April 14. This impacts non-essential business such as Tau Beta Pi. We will still be answering and phone calls at 1-800-TAU-BETA. We will process donations and other mail as circumstances permit and items ordered through the store will be delayed. Please contact us if you have any questions. We value your membership and above all, hope that you are staying well.
- Tau Beta Pi HQ Closed: Due to a local government order, all non-essential businesses in Knox County were ordered to close from March 24 to April 6. We will still be answering and phone calls at 1-800-TAU-BETA. We will process donations and other mail as circumstances permit and items ordered through the store will be delayed. Please contact us if you have any questions. We value your membership and above all, hope that you are staying well.
- The TBP Scholarship deadline has been extended to April 20, 2020.
- In addition, the TBP deadline for Laureate, McDonald Mentor, and Outstanding Advisor nominations has been moved to May 1.
- Effective this past Wednesday, March 18, TBP HQ is utilizing a work from home setup for most of the team. Right now, we expect to have 2-3 team members in the office on any given day, but we are preparing the Association to handle the case where UT closes campus. You will still be able to call us at 865-546-4578 or 800-TAU-BETA, and the phones will be answered regardless if we are in the office or not. Email will also continue to function.
- Update on the current situation and recommendations for chapter leaders to continue chapter operations.
- Watch this video from the World Health Organization on the seven steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19 virus.
Tau Beta Pi announced an official response on COVID-19 "proceeding with an abundance of caution."
- Remaining 2020 District Conferences will be held virtually or rescheduled.
- Engineering Futures Sessions for the remainder of the academic year have been cancelled.
- Chapter activities and initiations must adhere to school rules on group activities.
Also, recommended to take the situation in your geographic location into consideration.